The lips as well as the eyes are the most important area in your makeup and thats why the lipstick is the most popular makeup product in the world. Nowadays there is a wide range of lipsticks numerous shades, textures and brands.
Most of the lipsticks contain moisturizing ingredients, vitamins, UV protection, oils, waxes and emollients that apply color and texture to the lips. Keep your lips as smooth as possible before you apply the lipstick - apply a lip balm, Vaseline, honey or lip cream every day to keep your lips hydrated, soft and to avoid chapping.
Benefits of applying lipstick :
- Adds final touch to your makeup
- Nourish and moisturize your lips
- Adds color to the lips
- Transforms your look
- Perfects the shape of your lips
- Enhances the beauty of your lips
- The fastest and the easiest way to emphasize your look
How to apply lipstick properly:
Step 1 ; Exfoliate and moisturize your lips
When you exfoliate your face don't forget to pay attention to the lips. Exfoliate them gently using a toothbrush and a mild exfoliator. Apply a lip balm daily to keep your lips hydrated and soft. Instead of a lip balm you can use petroleum jelly or honey.
Step 2 ; Outline your lips with a lip liner
Always apply lip liner prior to applying the lipstick. Outlining the lips with a lip pencil helps to keep the color from bleeding. The lip pencil allows your lipstick or lip gloss to last longer by creating a base for your lipstick.
When drawing the lip line you give more definition to your lips and if you use the lip liner properly you can make your lips look bigger and fuller. Use a lip pencil a shade darker than your lipstick color.
Start drawing at the centre of your upper lip and slowly move to the centre of the bottom lip. Don't forget to line the corners of your mouth.
Step 3 ; Put on some foundation or powder
Applying a dusting of powder or a bit of foundation to the lips helps maximize the lipsticks staying power. The foundation or the powder should be the same shade that you are using for your face. Applying a bit of foundation to your lips creates a perfect base for the lipstick and emphasizes its color.
Step 4 ; Apply the lipstick
You can apply lipstick using a lipstick brush or straight from the tube. The lipstick brushes are small, flat brushes.. they can be used for outlining the lips as well as applying the color for a longer lasting lipstick color. I personally think that a lipstick should always be applied with a brush.. the brush maximize the lipsticks staying powder and provides an even application.
Run the brush on the lipstick from side to side so that it has enough lipstick on it. Always start the lipstick application at the centre of your lips. Open your mouth slightly and brush on color starting from the centre of your lips to the corners. Always apply the lipstick to the upper lip first, using as little lipstick as possible with a firm and even strokes.
Step 5 ; Blot your lips
Always remove the excess color from your lips. Blot your lips with a tissue to absorb the excess color and apply a second layer of the lipstick.
Step 6 ; Add lip shine
If you want to add shine to your lips use a lip gloss. Apply it on to the centre of your lips and spread it out to make your lips fuller.
Useful Beauty Tips:
- The right lipstick can look fantastic on cheeks ? Yes, you can use your lipstick as blush, but don't apply it straight from the bullet. Dab it only lightly with your finger, and blend until you achieve a natural color.
- If your lips are thin, commit drawing your lips with a lip pencil close to your lip color and fill in with lipstick or lip-gloss. Use light shades to make them appear fuller. Using only a lip gloss will also give the illusion of fuller lips.
- If your lips are too full, blot the entire lip out using a concealer and redraw just within the line with a darker tone of lipstick or lip-gloss.
- Use two different lipstick, one for the day and one for the evening. During the day wear a light shade and for the evening apply one with saturated shade reds, bronzes, browns and corals. when wearing a strong lipstick colors, keep cheeks and eyes neutral, choose pale pinks, beiges, browns and plums. This will complement the lips without drawing attention away from them for a truly fabulous look.
- If your lipstick feather into the lines around your lips,switch to a less creamy lipstick and powder your lips with loose powder before applying it.
- When re-applying lipstick or lip gloss, make sure you get all the old stuff off first.
- Use a nude lip liner to make your lip gloss stay put on longer it gives the gloss something to adhere to.
- Be sure you use lipstick of a good quality.
- If your skin is mature avoid using heavy lipsticks as they draw attention to any fine lines around the mouth.
- Creamy lipsticks go on more easily and are better for moisturizing your lips.
- Treat chapped lips by hydrating them with warm water from a damp washcloth and coating them with lip balm or Vaseline.
- Use a lip liner that matches your lipstick.
- To make the finish last longer, blot colored lips with a tissue, dab on a little face powder and then apply a second layer of color.
- Never lick your lips because doing so will serve them to dry out more.
- Exfoliate your lips regularly with a mild exfoliator.
- To keep your lips soft apply a lip balm every day.
- When you want to buy new lipstick don’t apply any makeup.
- Don’t try to test lipstick on your hand - it’s nothing like your lip shade.
- Apply foundation on face powder over your lips to create a base for your lipstick.
- To prevent lipstick on your teeth make an “O“ with your mouth and put your finger in.
- Use a fresh shaped lip pencil.
- Never use lip liner that is too dark than your lipstick color.
- Always use a brush to apply the lipstick.
- Applying lipstick vertically will help you hide lip lines.
- Applying thinner layers will give you a better look.
- Always apply the lipstick at the end and reapply it frequently.
- Apply honey to the lips to nourish and moisturize them.
( beauty-advices.com )